License Plate Renewal
To purchase your sticker, you will need:
- Illinois Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Driver’s license number and license plate number
- If using the Benefit Access Program, the Benefit Access discount control number will be needed to receive your registration fee discount when purchasing license plates or a renewal sticker.
- The registration address must be current. If the address needs to be updated, the renewal will need to be processed by the Illinois Secretary of State.
- The emissions test has to be completed before being issued a vehicle sticker.
- The Maine township Clerk’s office is unable to issue replacement vehicle stickers.
- $151 standard license plate renewal sticker (cost varies for personalized, vanity and other stickers)
- Convenience fee for each renewal is $7 (charged by Maine Township to cover processing.)
- Cash, debit or credit card only (processing fee for using credit/debit card: 2.13% processing fee of total cost) - CHECKS NOT ACCEPTED
Renewals will be available during the following hours at the Clerk’s Office:
Monday - Friday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
No appointment required.
For more information, call 847-297-2510 x222, 223 or 225.
To renew online please visit Illinois Secretary of State's website.
To apply for the Benefit Access Program, call the General Assistance Department at 847-297-2510 x236.